Personal Information Collection:
ACE Community Colleges collects personal information in order to administer training and assessment programmes and services in accordance with national standards and to satisfy Commonwealth and State information collection and reporting requirements (Specified below). Personal Information collected may also be used to facilitate communications, financial transactions and other administrative operations, for quality assurance purposes and in relation to the provision of support services. Please refer to the ACE Student Handbook
, for further information. Please also note the following:
1. ACE Community Colleges does not profit from the use or disclosure of personal information.
2. Personal Information will not be used for marketing/promotional purposes without written consent.
3. Personal Information is held securely and disclosed only to trusted third parties for legitimate purposes.
Personal Information Disclosure Obligations:
Commonwealth Data Provision Requirements
(2012) oblige all Registered Training Organisations to collect relevant personal information about individuals enrolling in nationally recognised training programmes and to disclose that information in accordance with the National VET Data Policy, to the following entities for statistical, administrative, regulator and research purposes:
1. National Centre for Vocational Education Research (NCVER)
2. Other Commonwealth and State or Territory government departments and authorised agencies.
Personal information disclosed in this context includes information provided in enrolment applications and training activity data (including training undertaken, outcomes and awards). Personal information disclosed to NCVER may be used or disclosed by NCVER for the following specific purposes:
1. Populating Authenticated VET transcripts
2. Facilitating statistics and research relating to education (including surveys and data linkage)
3. Pre-populating RTO student enrolment forms
4. Interpreting how the VET market operates (for policy workforce planning and consumer information)
5. Administering VET (including programme administration, regulation, monitoring and evaluation)
Students may be invited to participate in surveys administered by a government department or NCVER employee, agent or third party contractor (or other authorised agency) Surveys may be conducted for the purpose of obtaining feedback on training received, employment outcomes, goals, aspirations and like. Participation is voluntary and students may elect to opt out of the survey at the time of being contacted.
The following third parties may also be entitled to access your personal information for approved purposes:
1. Your employer (if you are enrolled in training paid for by your employer)
2.Your school (if you are a secondary student undertaking a school based apprenticeship or traineeship)
3.Third party training providers engaged to deliver specified course components (if applicable)
Personal Information as a Condition of Enrolment
I have read the Pre-Enrolment
Privacy Notice above and understand that it is a condition of enrolment that my
personal information be collected and disclosed as outlined therein. My
signature below indicates my consent to the collection, use and disclosure of
my personal information as described.